The lovely Michelle (& Moose!) of The Lonely Tribalist (please check them out–they have some fascinating reads, like this piece on white colonialism!) nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thank you! ♥♥♥
The way it works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions the nominator gives.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
The questions from Michelle (& Moose!):
- Will you go to the prom with me? Check Yes[✔] or No
- Last thing that made you laugh? A post on feminist_tinder:
- What would you do if you were Supreme Ruler of the World for a week? Monday would be Education Reform Day, wherein I would eliminate student debt, make schooling free, and make sure all children (of all genders) have equal access to schooling. Tuesday would be Food Reform Day, wherein I would institute policies that subsidize locally-grown crops, de-subsidize mega-farms, and redistribute food wealth more evenly across the globe–both by eliminating food deserts, by helping struggling local farmers across the globe, and by eliminating slavery in food. Wednesday would be Water Purity Day, wherein I would insure every locality has continuing access to potable water, and that water is a free resource for all. Thursday would be Medically Accurate Sexual Health Education Day, wherein I would institute mandatory medically accurate and inclusive sexual health education from kindergarten on up in all schools. Friday would be Racial Integration Day, wherein I would institute mandatory racially inclusive history lessons in all schools–no more letting national pride rule the history books! Saturday would be Active Listening Day, wherein I would institute mandatory lessons on various sensitivities (emotional, cultural, mental health, religious, etc.) and how we address one another about them. Sunday would be Party Day, wherein I would likely hide in a closet with a book while everyone else ate cake, or perhaps I might bake the cake if I had enough energy left over.
- Where do babies come from? Preferably other people. Or unicorns.
- What’s your deepest, darkest secret? This question always trips me up, because I know I have secrets, but I come up blank when I see it! I guess my secrets are afraid of the question? Or maybe I either have really good personal boundaries or really poor ones, and this is my brain’s way of protecting myself? I probably have really poor ones. But also, I tend to be an open book–ask me things, and I answer. The trouble is that people usually don’t know to ask, and so some things never get asked. And that sounded more ominous than I meant it!
- Do you ever sing when you’re by yourself? If so, what was the last song you sang? All the time, and usually made-up things. So I’ll take my wife’s name and make up some kind of nonsense rhyming scheme around it. Or my cat’s, or my boyfriend’s, or lover’s…. There’s a theme there. Well, I don’t know what my cat has to do with it. >.>
- Last good book/movie/TV show you enjoyed? I’m always in the middle of several books. Right now I’m reading Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between The World And Me, Rebecca Solnit’s Men Explain Things To Me, Roxane Gay’s Bad Feminist, and Malo Hopkinson & Uppinder Mehan’s So Long Been Dreaming sci fi shorts collection–all amazing so far. I also just finished Jenny Lawson’s (TheBloggess) second memoir Furiously Happy; Felicia Day’s You’re Never Weird On the Internet (almost); Deirdre Riordan Hall’s Sugar; and Lindsay Buroker’s Emperor’s Edge books–all also very amazing books. For TV & movies, I’m a Netflixer; I’ve been enjoying Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, Scrotal Recall (so, so much better than the name sounds), Grace & Frankie, Leverage, Call the Midwife, and Dear White People:
- Here’s $20. What will you do with it? Awesome! Let’s put it in the pot for pizza for the polycule!
- Quick: There’s a hungry-looking zombie standing in your front yard. What do you do? Yell out my last “I love yous” to my loved ones, because I’m slow; I’m about to be zombie-food. Also, this gives them warning to implement their various zombie-survival plans and decide whether they’re keeping me as a pet or double-tapping. They may have some confusion amongst themselves on this point. They’ll need the warning.
- If you could master any talent/skill by the end of the week, what would it be? Anything? Hmm. You know what? I might want to be able to run really fast. Then maybe I won’t become zombie food…..
- Last awkward moment? I was espousing my love of an advice website to a friend, and she then told me about her very poor experience with that website several years ago. Awkward!
Okay, this is the part where I’m supposed to come up with 11 questions, and then nominate some fabulous bloggers, too!
- What does ‘home’ mean to you?
- What time of day do you prefer?
- How did we get so many languages?
- What, if anything, do you collect?
- What do you think about double rainbows?
- Where do you see stardust in yourself?
- What do you like for dessert?
- Do you know the muffin man?
- You wake up with no responsibilities, no aches/pains, and no plans for the day. What do you do?
- Are you a crafty sort?
- What is your music?
My Nominees, in no particular order:
- Into the Nitty Gritty of a Male of Transgender Experience: Dysphoria
- takingthemaskoff: Celebrating Genocide: Christopher Columbus Conquest of America
- Kira Moore’s Closet: Miles Yet to Travel
- Midnight Moonlight: Book 1, Chapter 1
- thefeatheredsleep: With chill brings memory
- Biblical Personhood: Rumor’s of God’s patriarchalism have been greatly exaggerated: The Women’s Court was not from God
- TheModestBloggist: If Jesus were aborted
- Enightmatic Armor: Why Slavery?
- Form Follows Function: Reading the World: Schools vs. Society
- Et Cetera, etc.: How I Faced My Fear…And Failed
- Radical Faggot: Radical Gentry: The Role of Black, Brown, Queer Activism in Displacement
Whew! Okay, I think I made it through, and now it’s your turn–if you’d like to play along! Also, I’m really bad at knowing who has how many followers, so I apologize if I broke the rules. ♥ And I highly recommend anyone who wants, to just join in! Take my questions and run with them, create your own, etc. Thank you all for writing such wonderful things, stimulating my mind, and giving me solidarity/something to thing about/room to grow.